Question and anvils ( 5.1 to 5.8)
luvthistle1
2003-11-23 12:02:53 UTC
Do any one know what the runes symbol on Lindsay's chest means? It
reminds me of the symbols craved on to Spike in "never leave me".?

Falling anvil -there were two reference to robot, direct at eve. one
by spike in Lineage, and another by
Gunn in destiny

Question:
in season 7 Btvs , Giles was Giles, but he didn't seem like himself.
it was like, something was missing. Do you think he could have been a
robot, like Wesley's father was? after all, last season they stated
that the two shows were going to be connected. so maybe there is a
connection this season. Btvs had Adam, now Angel has "Eve"

falling anvils - Spike told Angel that Dru was his "destiny", and
they were forever, then Dru ( she didn't get the memo) goes and sleep
Angelus. Is that a way of saying "destiny , is fickle, and no ones
destiny is truly promise to them. Note: last season some people gamble
away their destiny.

Question: Wasn't the watcher, telling Angel and Spike about the
shanshu prophecy, the same one that showed Wesley around in "Home"

Sign
luvthistle1
Owner of "Spikes's permanent cave"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spikespermanentcave/
Ken Arromdee
2003-11-23 17:04:09 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
in season 7 Btvs , Giles was Giles, but he didn't seem like himself.
it was like, something was missing.
Yes, writers.
--
Ken Arromdee / arromdee_AT_rahul.net / http://www.rahul.net/arromdee

"How pleasant it would be if only we lived a hundred years ago when it was
easy to get servants."
"It would be horrible... We'd be the servants." -- Isaac Asimov
Jim Shaffer, Jr.
2003-11-23 22:11:52 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Do any one know what the runes symbol on Lindsay's chest means? It
reminds me of the symbols craved on to Spike in "never leave me".?
They're not runes, in the strict sense of the word. They could be demonic
sigils from the Key of Solomon, but I don't have time to check. Possibly
someone saw the Key of Solomon or some other grimoire once and decided to draw
something like it; they also reminded me of certain crop circles.
Thirsty Viking
2003-11-23 22:30:58 UTC
Post by Jim Shaffer, Jr.
Post by luvthistle1
Do any one know what the runes symbol on Lindsay's chest means? It
reminds me of the symbols craved on to Spike in "never leave me".?
They're not runes, in the strict sense of the word. They could be demonic
sigils from the Key of Solomon, but I don't have time to check. Possibly
someone saw the Key of Solomon or some other grimoire once and decided to draw
something like it; they also reminded me of certain crop circles.
And the guys that faked the crop circles would have been inspired from a
similar source
forge
They looked vaguely voodoo/Santeria-ish.
himiko
2003-11-25 02:55:32 UTC
Post by Jim Shaffer, Jr.
Post by luvthistle1
Do any one know what the runes symbol on Lindsay's chest means? It
reminds me of the symbols craved on to Spike in "never leave me".?
They're not runes, in the strict sense of the word. They could be demonic
sigils from the Key of Solomon, but I don't have time to check. Possibly
someone saw the Key of Solomon or some other grimoire once and decided to draw
something like it; they also reminded me of certain crop circles.
I did a quick look at Key of Solomon sigils and I agree the look is
very similar. I couldn't identify any one sigil though. I suspect
the make-up folks used the KoS sigils as a basis and then did their
own thing.

himiko
Wei-Li Sun
2003-11-24 22:44:02 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Do any one know what the runes symbol on Lindsay's chest means?
No ... and I'm sure the writers would make every attempt to make it
painfully obvious when the time comes.
Post by luvthistle1
Falling anvil -there were two reference to robot, direct at eve. one
by spike in Lineage, and another by Gunn in destiny
in season 7 Btvs , Giles was Giles, but he didn't seem like himself.
it was like, something was missing. Do you think he could have been a
robot, like Wesley's father was? after all, last season they stated
that the two shows were going to be connected. so maybe there is a
connection this season. Btvs had Adam, now Angel has "Eve"
Here's an interesting thought (ok, maybe not THAT interesting) ... Eve
is a robot!

Spike has sex with robot --- Angel has sex with robot
Post by luvthistle1
falling anvils - Spike told Angel that Dru was his "destiny", and
they were forever, then Dru ( she didn't get the memo) goes and sleep
Angelus. Is that a way of saying "destiny , is fickle, and no ones
destiny is truly promise to them. Note: last season some people gamble
away their destiny.
Question: Wasn't the watcher, telling Angel and Spike about the
shanshu prophecy, the same one that showed Wesley around in "Home"
Don't remember, but if he is, he would really hate Wesley (which
explains why he would want to help "Lindsey") ... I recall Wesley
kicking him around for a while before taking off to look for Lilah's
contract.

Wei-Li
luvthistle1
2003-11-25 06:03:15 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
falling anvils - Spike told Angel that Dru was his "destiny", and
they were forever, then Dru ( she didn't get the memo) goes and sleep
Angelus. Is that a way of saying "destiny , is fickle, and no ones
destiny is truly promise to them. Note: last season some people gamble
away their destiny.
Question: Wasn't the watcher, telling Angel and Spike about the
shanshu prophecy, the same one that showed Wesley around in "Home"
Don't remember, but if he is, he would really hate Wesley (which
explains why he would want to help "Lindsey") ... I recall Wesley
kicking him around for a while before taking off to look for Lilah's
contract.
Wei-Li
Wesley knock him out in home.I think his name was Percy, or Pierce.
The symbol on Lindsey/ whoever chest and in his home, might be to
protect them from W&h senior partners. Did Eve have in symbols on her?
a necklace? or ring maybe?

Wei-Li Sun
2003-11-25 22:13:37 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Wesley knock him out in home.I think his name was Percy, or Pierce.
The symbol on Lindsey/ whoever chest and in his home, might be to
protect them from W&h senior partners. Did Eve have in symbols on her?
a necklace? or ring maybe?
Sign
luvthistle1
Owner of "Spikes's permanent cave"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spikespermanentcave/
Well ... some of the posters said the spoilers showed Eve with symbols
on her, but the episode that actually aired didn't show her torso ...
so who knows?

Wei-Li
David Cheatham
2003-11-25 16:33:29 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Falling anvil -there were two reference to robot, direct at eve. one
by spike in Lineage, and another by Gunn in destiny
in season 7 Btvs , Giles was Giles, but he didn't seem like himself.
it was like, something was missing. Do you think he could have
been a robot, like Wesley's father was? after all, last season they
stated that the two shows were going to be connected. so maybe
there is a connection this season. Btvs had Adam, now Angel has
"Eve"
Here's an interesting thought (ok, maybe not THAT interesting) ... Eve
is a robot!
While we're looking for importance in names...Dawn is a extremely
powerful device that can be used to alter connections between
universes, turned into a human, and Eve is an apparent human who, just
last epeisode, managed to temporarily disable the conduit, a connection
between universes.
Remove the hostname part directly after the @ to respond.
luvthistle1
2003-11-26 10:04:05 UTC
Post by David Cheatham
Post by luvthistle1
[...]
Eve "might " be human. but one thing I wonder is who is she working
for? I think she might be working for herself.
the last time we saw Lindsey, he was on a different path,. he left,
after recieveing a new hand from W&H...So we know Lindsey was not
good, nor was he all that evil. so lets say he was on the path of
rightous. Enter Eve,. we know that Eve knows a lot about W&H, and the
whole AI gang. she might be someone they all met before...Darla...no,
no , she was dusted...how about Jasmine! she will be one piss off
PTB, who might have came back to shake things up.
Wei-Li Sun
2003-11-26 17:35:15 UTC
Post by luvthistle1
Eve "might " be human. but one thing I wonder is who is she working
for? I think she might be working for herself.
That, or she's working for "Lindsey."
Post by luvthistle1
the last time we saw Lindsey, he was on a different path,. he left,
after recieveing a new hand from W&H...So we know Lindsey was not
good, nor was he all that evil. so lets say he was on the path of
rightous.
Assuming it is Lindsey we saw ... I have a bad feeling about ME
pulling an "evil twin" twist.
Post by luvthistle1
Enter Eve,. we know that Eve knows a lot about W&H and the whole AI gang.
It could be "Lindsey" supplying her with the information.

Wei-Li